The School has introduced a new curriculum for sports & games for Classes I – V from this academic year onwards – Edusports.
Schools have Physical Education and Sports as part of their prescribed (by the Education Boards) curriculum/ timetable but in most cases, they are not delivering on the promise of physical education/sports as the PE activities in most schools are not inclusive and age-appropriate. This makes the children lose interest. EduSports believes the sustainable, and scalable way to address this issue is through the in-school sports program. Parents are concerned about their children’s health and fitness.EduSports fills the gap in the market by providing a structured Physical Education and Sports programme that
1. Fits into the school’s context (wrt limited time and space for a large number of kids)
2. Is part of the school time-table & covers all the children
3. Helps develop healthy & fit children who grow up to be ‘Champions in Life!’
4. Ensures all the children have fun and enjoy the sports/PE experience
5. Engages with all the stakeholders (children, parents, teachers, school leaders) as part of the process
Primary School (Std 1 to std 5): The EduSports programme is implemented through the SOARTM platform- India’s first integrated school sports and physical education platform. The EduSports’ SOARTM platform has different modules specifically designed to address the critical needs of schools, physicaleducation teachers, parents and children for a 360 high quality learning experience.
The curriculum in Primary School (Std 1 to 5) covers:
1. Structured on ground lesson plans for all children- the programme is age appropriate(executed with appropriate props/equipment and structured curriculum lessons) and inclusive(covers all children)
2. Fundamental skill learning through a structured curriculum-skills covered include gross motor skills, body management skills, space awareness skills, manipulative and non-manipulative skills
3. Modified sports for all children- the programme is age appropriate(executed with appropriate props/equipment and structured curriculum lessons) and inclusive (covers all children)
The SOARTM tools draw inspiration from globally accepted tools and standards- The curriculum is based on NASPE standards. These tools are adapted to suit Indian conditions.The emphasis is on engaging every child in every class and teaching skills in an age-appropriate fashion.