The School has introduced a new curriculum for sports & games for Classes I to V- Edusports.
Schools have Physical Education and Sports as part of their prescribed (by the Education Boards) curriculum/ timetable but in most cases, they are not delivering on the promise of physical education/sports as the PE activities in most schools are not inclusive and age-appropriate. This makes the children lose interest. EduSports believes the sustainable, and scalable way to address this issue is through the in-school sports program. Parents are concerned about their children’s health and fitness. EduSports fills the gap in the market by providing a structured Physical Education and Sports programme that-
- Fits into the school’s context (with limited time and space for a large number of kids).
- Is part of the school time-table & covers all the children.
- Helps develop healthy & fit children who grow up to be ‘Champions in Life!’.
- Ensures all the children have fun and enjoy the sports/PE experience.
- Engages with all the stakeholders (children, parents, teachers, school leaders) as part of the process.
Primary School (Std 1 to std 5): The EduSports programme is implemented through the SOARTM platform- India’s first integrated school sports and physical education platform. The EduSports’ SOARTM platform has different modules specifically designed to address the critical needs of schools, physical education teachers, parents and children for a 360 high quality learning experience.
The curriculum in Primary School (Std 1 to 5) covers:
- Structured on ground lesson plans for all children- the programme is age appropriate(executed with appropriate props/equipment and structured curriculum lessons) and inclusive(covers all children).
- Fundamental skill learning through a structured curriculum-skills covered, include gross motor skills, body management skills, space awareness skills, manipulative and non-manipulative skills.
- Modified sports for all children- the programme is age appropriate(executed with appropriate props/equipment and structured curriculum lessons) and inclusive (covers all children).
The SOARTM tools draw inspiration from globally accepted tools and standards- The curriculum is based on NASPE standards. These tools are adapted to suit Indian conditions.The emphasis is on engaging every child in every class and teaching skills in an age-appropriate fashion.